Burn Permits logo

Conception Bay South Fire Department
Burn Permits & Firework Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

Department Logo or Badge

Don't forget to call!

Telephone: (709) 700-3616

Check the FAQs below for Burn Permit Requirements

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a burn permit?

The Open Air Burning Permit is not required for: [1] Burning in a barrel with a mesh screen, no larger than 0.5 inches; [2] Burning in a recreational outdoor wood burning device.

What can I burn?

Please view the 'Materials Prohibited from Burning in a Fire' List in the application process. Upon receiving your permit, there will be a form attached that you can view.

What are the Burning Regulations?

Before proceeding with your burning activity, please review the Town's Open-Air Burning Regulations. To view the regulations, select the Bylaw link in the top right corner of the homepage.

Can permits be issued for outside of Conception Bay South?

No. Permits issued on this website are valid for the Conception Bay South area only. If you require a permit for another municipality you must contact the appropriate fire department or town in that area.

Do I need a fireworks permit?

Yes! The only exception is no permit is required for Canada Day and New Years Eve. Any other day during the year will require a permit.

Do I need a permit from Fisheries, Forestry and Agriculture during Forest Fire Season?

YES! Forest Fire Season is May 1- September 30 each year and a secondary permit from Fisheries, Forestry and Agriculture is required. This permit is in addition to the one you obtain from the CBS Fire Dept. Call Forestry at 729-4180 for more information.