Burn Permits logo

Conception Bay South Fire Department
Burn Permits & Firework Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

Current Progress

Welcome to the Conception Bay South Fire Department Online Open Burn Permit and Fireworks Permit Manager.

Please fill in the form to create a new account and register for your first permit.

Already have an account? Login

Select Permit Type:

Personal Information

Landlord Information

Login Details

Select Address:

No Active Addresses!

Add an address to get started.

Your account has been successfully created!

Terms & Conditions

Please select a burn permit type.

Upload Photos for Permit  (Optional)

Please upload photos, if available, of the burning site and what you intend to burn.

Select Burn Permit

Sign Here

Signature Of

Notification Methods


Enabling notifications by providing one or more contact methods below will ensure that you receive important information (e.g. changes to risk level, ban status changes etc.)

Text Msg.


Phone Call

Your permit is being created.

Please DO NOT close the window during this time.

Don't forget to call!

Telephone: (709) 700-3616

Check the FAQs below for Burn Permit Requirements

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a burn permit?

The Open Air Burning Permit is not required for: [1] Burning in a barrel with a mesh screen, no larger than 0.5 inches; [2] Burning in a recreational outdoor wood burning device.

What can I burn?

Please view the 'Materials Prohibited from Burning in a Fire' List in the application process. Upon receiving your permit, there will be a form attached that you can view.

What are the Burning Regulations?

Before proceeding with your burning activity, please review the Town's Open-Air Burning Regulations. To view the regulations, select the Bylaw link in the top right corner of the homepage.

Can permits be issued for outside of Conception Bay South?

No. Permits issued on this website are valid for the Conception Bay South area only. If you require a permit for another municipality you must contact the appropriate fire department or town in that area.

Do I need a fireworks permit?

Yes! The only exception is no permit is required for Canada Day and New Years Eve. Any other day during the year will require a permit.

Do I need a permit from Fisheries, Forestry and Agriculture during Forest Fire Season?

YES! Forest Fire Season is May 1- September 30 each year and a secondary permit from Fisheries, Forestry and Agriculture is required. This permit is in addition to the one you obtain from the CBS Fire Dept. Call Forestry at 729-4180 for more information.